I finally put pieces of me together into a continuous whole. A whole frame of mind. Why otherwise would I be blogging at 3 am?! It's a good night thanks, to people, places and events.
Just back from Rang de basanti. A refreshing "hindi movie in a theatre" in a very long time. The sorry state of Bollyhood calls for such a qualification. The movie is not sad. The ending is the most grievous it can get. But it doesnt draw tears. All it offers at the end of it is a few thinking hats. There was intelligent humour. The second half was far-fetched, but bearable. Great performances. Some copied scenes, but a high score on originality. Crisp dialogues held me to my seat. Sometimes, I did the usual "dayaa" comment, but overall, worth the effort to run from music practice and the 120 bucks (and 40 bucks for a coke. Shamelessly expensive). In a way, this is a movie that is close to my own life (no, no plans to overthrow corruption or kill people). I could associate myself with the college life portrayed. The friends, the freedom, the relationships and the passion.
Have you ever some back from a big screen experience and turned on some of the favourite songs from the movie and relived the scenes, all over again. Felt the same, the same sadness or the same excitement. The same happiness. The same ecstatic euphoria.
Hyperboles apart, I have a marathon portion to complete for a quiz looming large in the immediate future. Ok. Just prepare for a quiz. Many slides.
Yeah, about the whole thing and the pieces, I am glad in my position. Glad for other people for their positions. I know exactly what I want, and what will make me happy and what will amount to a compromise. And I cant compromise :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment