Sunday, February 12, 2006

On second thoughts...

After experiencing it twice, I had to write about it, again. For the first time, watched a movie twice on the big screen. Some scenes passed by like they never existed. Some scenes came and lingered on. It was like I was waiting for the right ones to pay attention to and scrapping off the wrong ones without a second thought. The aeroplane took an eternity to gather its run, the sound droned in the background long after it had disappeared beyond the captivities of the white screen.

I am surprised at how much I noticed, and how much I savoured some of the things I had failed to take note of in the first viewing. And yet again, no matter how many times it is being staged, and how many other objects/ things are in the background, the mind just settles on something very ordinary, and the entire significance of the other things is lost in triviality. And the bigger picture is lost. Again.

Mind moves from movies here. Of course, I saw Rang de Basanti again. Trivia.

How many things are wrong at the first shot, and how many things are wrong because you were immersed in details that didnt matter. And given another chance at doing something again, will you see a different picture, or images of the failed attempt will come back to haunt you? Will you just notice the same ol' things again, in that case, it's not worth a second shot. Do we rely too much on set patterns when we encounter the same things again? The same persons? The same decisions? Will I be able to see what I had missed the first time?

I am not for finding answers to these. I can answer only when I get to re-do things :).. but then again, I might wonder at the third and fourth times. And then again, there's never so much time for a 3/4th, not even for a second chance!

On to sensible things...

I noticed how easily you can do nothing and let the time pass by. It's just like letting another hour take its toll. The sand awaits its turn to pass into another epoch. Then another. It's such a freaking monotonous process, leading to nowhere, that I feel like doing away with the hour-glass altogether :)

For the better part of the day today, I was "brainstorming" and making a presentation on the design of a Security System for a Township. Hasn't been a very wholesome process: I have been hopelessly trying to invent security threats and apocalyptic warnings for the people of the township.

If I write more, I run the risk of getting more vocal or more personal, so here I stop :)


No comments: