Tuesday, February 14, 2006

my privilege

My latest pilgrimage site is my department. The planners of iit surely expected mech to be macho; that explains the gaping distance between my hostel and my dept. Today, I have made some 6 trips to it. Years later, if I were to haunt any place, it should be my dept. And of course, what pleasure I will derive from paining the profs. I would like to shut off electricity regularly, expecially in the labs, and hide notes of some professors (who can't otherwise teach) and corrupt some power point presentations just before lectures.

I lament my sinking tribe. The older we get in mech, the greater is the special treatment. Now we are a privileged bunch of a dozen or so cribbing souls. On the rare lectures where we have big classrooms and mtechs occupying the front benches, I sleep, and try my best to diminish the parallax between prof and myself.

During these occasions, I wonder on branch change forms and choices.

No comments: