Friday, December 08, 2006

The art of gifting..

..is totally over-rated.

It's more of a compulsion for me and an inevitable disaster. So much so, I can trust the receiver to scoot with a bonus certainty.

Let me be specific.

Birthday gifts: Now the best birthday gifts are consumables which can be eaten and thrown. I give all my best friends that and they are here to stay.

Parting gifts: It's like throwing something into an abyss. The gift goes away with the receiver, never to surface again. Better not be your heart. Something like throwing the baby with the bath water. ;-)

Meeting-after-a-long-time gifts: Grossly dysfunctional.

Questionable gifts: They should never be given. Unwrap them, change your mind, and keep them for future use.

Anniversary gifts: With due time and patience, the questionable gifts can be up-graded to this category.

And finally, it's the thought that counts. This goes for all the missing gifts in the near future.

To all my beloved friends, with love.

- Sam

1 comment:

Pritam said...

I never got a gift from you! :( I had to steal an umbrella forcefully :P