And now have I realized why people even try to make relationships work.
Scenario when you are date-hunting: You need be at your best, looks wise, fashion wise, et cetera et cetera. Smooth talking, fun. No tyres will do.
And when you land up with the guy and fall in love, the scenario changes progressively. One indicator of a relationship is the comfort level. Getting old together. Getting fat and bald together, and not an eyelid batted. That's the thing about love. You accept a person you love even when he changes from a lean handsome man to a fat baldie. Ok, then you should leave, but definitely you stick around till the less-fat stage and pray for things to be otherwise. And all the while, getting comfortable in your own extra layers, or the forgotten wax.
And then it becomes a helluva task to start dating again. If you are a European, you have already made your point by never getting into that whole looking good waxing thing. "Accept me as I am or leave me", and another fattie is just around the corner.
The beauty contest qualifiers needn't worry. That's why they can date so often. Which they do. The ones panicking all the while are the normal ones. Weathering all relationship blues like a cement rock, standing up to love like morons, reading and agreeing with Jiddu Krishnamurthi, while the waist size takes another leap.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oye! That's not necessarily true.
I agree I am putting on extra layers, but I am not comfortable with that!!
:))
Nice synthesis of all what's observed around!
:D
Post a Comment