Thursday, June 21, 2007

Sissy

My driving class got canceled today. The driving instructor (sounds posh na) cribbed when I called him up at the appointed time, "Madam, class to hai, but gaadi nahi hai". In a slightly nasal tone, and I am sure I have nothing against his voice. Why on earth, why!

It's the dog tail, doesn't get straight ever. Familiarly, kutte ki dum.

This is not a one off incident. How many times have we faced a similar tail-in-between-legs attitude at dry cleaner's, tailor's, advocate's, repair shop's.... How many times have we been put off by this stenching babu-dom. It gets only worse in Kolkata. This reminds me of a punch line at one shop "pay today, collect tomorrow". Read in between the lines?
------------------------

For a change, days are simple now. Food in a 4 tiered dabba, work restricted to DDP, sometimes a little running, watching Friends, hop, skip and jump to bed whenever my books give me space. I recollect transferring my books and papers from bed to chair, to and fro, atleast 5 times yesterday. No, can't remember the exact number of times.
------------------------

There is a mouse in my room. Period.

Hope it's gone by now.
------------------------

I am in a rambling mood. No wonder, it's indicative of the pressing DDP work.

No comments: